I just posted about my trip to the border and thought I should offer a disclaimer. I know immigration is a hot issue and not everyone who loves me and reads our blog will agree with my choice to go on this trip. I wanted to offer the following:
I do not view the immigration debate as a Republican or Democrat. I approach the issue as a person of faith, wrestling with what it means to provide "hospitality to the stranger."
I believe the crisis at the border is indeed a humanitarian crisis. I am hopeful to learn more about why people migrate and how Christians can drive public policy toward a solution that is fair and just.
I posted earlier about my belief that Christians are called to the periphery to be in solidarity with the suffering people of the world. I am trying to respond to God's call to "be present at the bleeding points of humanity."
I will have no access to a computer while I am gone, but I am planning on journaling and will post when I return!
4 comments:
I, for one, am proud of you for being the change you wish to see in the world!
Love,
Mom C.
Tiffany,
We are praying for you. And we will be interested to hear about your trip and mission.
Love,
Mom B
I cannot wait to hear your stories and put faces on this issue. I love you!!!
You go girl!
Love,
C
Post a Comment