Monday, September 12, 2011

to blog? or not to blog?

I've lost my blogging groove.

I can't decide if I should keep blogging or not. Like maybe this blog (which I started when we moved to Colorado) is ready to be done. Maybe I should seal it up and tuck it away. Call it good. It doesn't seem to fit me anymore, and I don't know why.

Until I decide, here's what's been going on:

*Milo is humongous. And a full-fledged toddler. Except he's not walking yet. So maybe that means he's not really a toddler, but he definitely toddles. He makes an "oh" face whenever he hears something that surprises him--usually a dog barking or a car driving by.

His favorite things, in no particular order, are: balls (of any kind), cars, fake flowers, light switches, fans, door stoppers, climbing up on the fireplace, anything in the pantry that he can pull off the shelves, the dog bowls, mum mums, and eating off my plate.

His least favorite things, in no particular order, are: napping, getting his diaper changed, getting dressed, having his face washed after he eats, teething, and going inside when he'd rather be outside.

He keeps us busy, for sure.

Oh, and he says "da da." It's adorable. David will come up the steps or walk in the door and he'll cry out "Da Da!" Makes your heart skip a beat. He still isn't saying ma ma. That's fine. I'm not holding a grudge. It's cool. I only grew him in my own body and then spent 38 hours birthing him. Nope. No hard feelings here.

*David's job is ok. He doesn't love it, but he doesn't hate it. Him working nights is hard on him and me.

*My job is great. It's unfolding in a really lovely and exciting way. It makes me wonder when I will finally let go of teaching--once and for all--and walk faithfully into what is developing for me. I'm not there yet, but I can feel my grip getting looser.

*My running is coming along. I'm up to 5 miles. The race is two months from tomorrow. Holy mother.

I guess that's it. Let me know if you find my blogging "mojo"....

4 comments:

Towanda said...

miss you...

ivcolga said...

Whatever seems right...

...and it's not just your job...
I think our LIVES are unfolding in a really lovely and exciting way.

Love you.
Love your husband.
Love your toddle-r.

Lauren said...

I LOVE reading these Milo-isms. I can't wait to see this big boy again soon!

And 5 miles is awesome!!!

I'm so proud of you. You are amazing!

Jessica said...

Ok, I laughed out loud about the "dada" thing... I told Brian last week I was just going to refer to him as mama too, so I wouldn't hold a grudge (or cry) when he said dada first....