Sunday, September 23, 2007

Weekend fun

Friday night we hung out with Matt, a fellow Iliff student, and his wife Lorissa. They invited us to a coffee shop near their house that was serving free coffee/drinks and showing a movie in the coffee shop. They are a very sweet couple. We had such a good time! (And didn't spend any money!)

Saturday morning we took the puppies hiking at Elk Meadow. (David goes there a lot to mountain bike.)






We went to church at Park Hill again this morning. Eric and Amy (both Iliff students...Amy is the girl I knew in KC...) met us at church and we went to IHOP afterward.

DESPITE the fact it sounds like we are always doing fun and exciting things, this is how I spend MOST of my time...



While I read and do homework, David entertains himself by working on his bike and playing with his new helmet light...



This is what Zoe does while I study...



And here's Midas...




It's good times at the Baker house! :)

7 comments:

Unknown said...

The pics are priceless!!!
Especially the one of David with Midas looking at him.

Emily said...

Congrats on the new job, David! That's such a blessing and burden off both of your shoulders.

We miss you guys A LOT! We can't wait to make a trip up there.

Midas has such love for his little sis! Haha. What a scoundrel.

Matt has re-applied for the Animal Control officer job and after calling the A.C. head manager last week, found out that they're currently reviewing the apps. So keep him in your prayers! They have two openings, so his chances are good.

We just got back from camping today, with our good friends Jess and Dan (from OP). It was fun! Buddy went on a boat trip for the first time. He LOVED it and is completely exhausted.

It's great to hear all the good news from Denver!

Love,
Matt and Emily

Lauren said...

Oooh, just think of all the fun our guys can have together with their headlights!

Debbie said...

It is great to see you even if it is via pics! I am glad you are enjoying your surroundings.

Unknown said...

David said you had alot of reading. Midas still knows how to take care of his sister. David you look cute on your bike with your helmet on in the apartment.

ivcolga said...

I love you four! You entertain me even from far away...Love the pictures. Thanks for keeping us all updated! Can you tell I figured out how to outsmart my computer and get on your blog again?????

Tiffany said...

Rusty has a headlight. Flippin Sweet. David