Wednesday, April 28, 2010

Enough Answers for Today

Well, it's official. We'll be in Denver one more year.

We didn't arrive at this decision easily or without grief. When we left Kansas three years ago, we promised our families we would return when I graduated. And we do plan on returning, but not yet.

David has a great job waiting for him at Denver Health as an RN, pending his passage of the board exam. Trinity is piecing together a VERY part-time job for me. It won't be a lot, but it will hopefully be enough to keep me feeling like my Master's degree wasn't a total waste. =)

We don't know exactly what the next year will look like. Right now, we are trying to focus on David passing his exam, me graduating in June, and, of course, preparing for the newest little Baker to arrive this summer.

I still don't know about my ordination process or where I might like to serve, but we have enough answers for today.

8 comments:

Lauren said...

That's all we can ask for!!! I'm so, so proud of you both and I can't wait to watch the year ahead unfold...it's a big one. :)

Emily and Matt said...

Good for you guys! I know that you have had to make some very BIG decisions recently...so yes, PLEASE take a break - relax - and rest assured that you really have been blessed with an amazing journey!

Muser Grace said...

So glad you have an answer for today! And glad I'll get to enjoy you for one more year!

ivcolga said...

I love you.
I miss you.
I love you.
I'm proud of you.
I love you.
I'm happy for you.
I love you.
I love you.
I love you.

ivcolga said...

P.S. ...and who's that singing Jen Cohen's song???

Anonymous said...

We're all looking forward to seeing you this weekend, and as often as we can.
Love, Opa

Rachel said...

Life decisions are never easy! Glad to hear that this one is made for now! With only a "very part time" job, you will be able to spend some wonderful time with Baby Boy Baker! Praying for you guys these next few months!!!

Greta said...

Aw, I know this wasn't an easy decision to make. Sending you all love for the big test, the jobs, the move, and the baby!