I've made my share of new year's resolutions. Lose 10 pounds. Run a 1/2 marathon. Move to Kansas.
But, the resolution I'm going to work really, really hard on is loving well.
2010 was a year of endings & beginnings. Maybe it was because our lives were in a constant state of transition or maybe it was because I was hormonal & sleep-deprived for most of the year.
Whatever the reason, I spent too much time this year feeling anxious. And I did my fair share of complaining. And feeling resentful. Even angry.
I was too hard on myself. I was short with my husband. I said things I didn't mean. I neglected relationships. I intentionally tried to hurt people I love.
But, it is a new year.
And I want to do better this year.
I want to love myself better. Be kinder. Gentler. More patient with myself.
I want to love my husband better. Be kinder. Gentler. More patient.
I want to love my dog better. Be kinder. Gentler. More patient.
I want to love my friends & family well. Life is too short to be angry, hold grudges, & feel sorry for myself.
So, here's to 2011. May it be a year of loving well.
5 comments:
Go, friend, go! This is a wonderful resolution. Thanks for sharing.
All of us can always do better at loving well. Remember there is grace sufficient for those times when we don't.
(PS: Boo to moving to Kansas...)
I hope you don't mind if I also make "loving well in 2011" a resolution. It's a good one for all of us...
One of the things I love is YOU.
I agree with all you "loving well" is such a good resolution for all of us, but go Tiffany for all of your resolutions.
Love,
Patty
Very well said...and couldn't agree more. Here's to loving better in 2011! <3 you sister
Post a Comment