My friend, Lorissa, recorded a song she wrote titled, "Move Me." I think she would kill me if she knew I was putting it on my blog so I'm hoping she's not an avid reader! Here are the lyrics:
Every now and then
my foot falls asleep and
bothers me later
with its tingling.
I don't want to be
like these feet of mine
sleeping
when you're trying to use me.
Move me, Move me, Lord.
Keep my heart alive.
Be the very change
that moves me
and works to make me whole.
I do what I must
mostly collecting dust
Just because I pay the rent,
doesn't mean I'm obedient.
I don't want to be
in my easy chair
when I should be searching
for a throne.
Move me, Move me, Lord.
Keep my heart alive.
Be the very change
that moves me
and works to make me whole.
I love, love, love her song and it's been my prayer all week. I listen in my car, on my ipod, and now on the blog. =)
The lyrics speak to what I've been thinking and feeling lately, trying to figure out to what and where I am being called. I am such a worrier and a planner and I want so badly to know what our life will be like when I'm done with seminary. There are so many decisions I can't seem to make--ordination or no ordination, deacon or elder, Kansas or Colorado--and I end up feeling paralyzed and stuck. And so I'm trying to pray. And wait. And pray for God to move me.
4 comments:
Wow, that's really good. I didn't know Lorissa was a singer/songwriter! Thank you for sharing your thoughts with all of us. We'll be praying the same thing for you.
It's beautiful...........
You've known all your life that you were a promise and that God made you special. :-)
God will show you...
What a wonderful song...I want it on my Ipod!
Please tell her the music and lyrics are great! I would be happy to pass the song along to Erin and the band - IF it is OK with her!
Although the path was not easy for me to get through college, I always felt/believed that I was headed in the right direction. But I can certainly understand that your "path" may not be as clear for several reasons. But I too believe that God will open a door for the both of you. Just keep listening to everyone around you, pray, and ask for understanding to realize the opportunity.
Post a Comment