
The 3 things I did last weekend: Eat. Pray. Love.
We stayed at the Retreat House at the Abbey of St. Walburga in Virginia Dale, Colorado (almost in Wyoming). The nuns were extremely hospitable and cooked us delicious meals that we ate family style. There was an abundance of hot tea and cocoa available whenever we needed it--which was good since we were numb from the cold most of the weekend!
We prayed 6 times with the nuns during the 24 hours we were there. While I admire their faithfulness, I learned the monastic lifestyle is certainly NOT for me. Especially when the alarm went off at 4:15 a.m. for morning prayers!!!
However, I did enjoy the evening prayers last night and the silence of having my own room to read, pray, and of course, nap. =)
I did some reading about St. Benedict and the Rule of Benedict (St. Walburga is a Benedictine community) and one of the "nuggets" that sticks with me is the following:
If you listen, you will hear what your heart would like to say. One thing stays with us always, present whether pursued or not, and that is the call to the center of ourselves where the God we are seeking is seeking us.
In addition to eating and praying, I was able to soak up a lot of love from three dear friends who were also on the retreat, as well as enjoy some love from older women in my church community. Oh, how I love being part of a church!
AND, I think Bambeano loved being there because s/he was moving a lot! I'm really starting to love that kid...

4 comments:
Love. YOU!
Yay! Love it!
Sounds awesome. So glad you got to go. Do you think Bambeano was moving so much because he or she wants to join the monastic tradition? :)
That feeling of movement is the neatest feeling. Glad you got away.
Love,
Steve and Patty
Post a Comment