I am excited to see my friends and be on campus again. I am TRYING to get excited about full-time reading and paper writing. I know it is a luxury to be a full-time student and to be in a place I love.
This morning I am feeling a mix of emotions as I am surrounded by firsts and lasts. I am trying not to panic about being this far in and still having no clear vocational answers. I am trying not to panic about leaving the security of graduate school and re-entering the workforce in a tough economy. I am trying not to panic about earning a degree that will not guarantee me more money than when I was a teacher. No, I will not panic.
This morning I am comforted by the Lords, both THE Lord and one of my heroines, Ms. Audre Lord. =)
"For surely I know the plans I have for you, says the Lord, plans for your welfare and not for harm, to give you a future with hope." Jeremiah 29:11
"When I dare to be powerful--to use my strength in the service of my vision, then it becomes less and less important whether I am afraid." Audre Lord
Here's to firsts, lasts, and not being afraid!
2 comments:
Don't forget the first day picture! Can't wait to hear all about it later. :)
...still proud of you! My daughter going to seminary.
Just focus and learn what you're supposed to learn. Answers will come. God has been with you each step of the way. You just don't get to see as far down the road as you would like. :-)
Love you forever.
Post a Comment