We arrived early afternoon at Heaton Bay Campground near Dillon Lake. David found an empty site near the water and we set up camp. (Ok, mostly David set up camp but I helped. I LOVE being married to a boyscout!)
It was lovely. We took the dogs for a hike along the shore. We played cards at the picnic table. We read by the water while the dogs chewed their bones. We drank beer by the fire that David built. AND, the BEST part about camping at Heaton Bay is that the town of Dillon is only 5 minutes away so we ate fish tacos at a local Mexican restaurant for dinner and got Starbucks for breakfast!
We were gone less than 24 hours, but it was wonderful to get away together and a fabulous farewell to summer. =)



5 comments:
I'm SO GLAD you guys got to do this. It looks amazing and beautiful.
Now that's my kind of camping!
Glad that being a boyscout come in handy. I am glad you guys get away and enjoy yourselves looks like fun. Love, Mom B
I'm happy for the four of you! The pictures (and people and puppies!) are gorgeous. It makes me remember the happy day we were there with you...
Love you!
Looks great! Wish we could have been there with you two.
Post a Comment