Tuesday, June 22, 2010

My 29th Birthday

Sunday was my birthday.

We are excited for Baby Baker to arrive but we decided that, since our weekends of picking up and going somewhere are coming to an end (or at least a hiatus), we would pack the car for the day and head to Vail.

I had never been before and David had only been in the winter but it was BEAUTIFUL! The weather was perfect. There was a farmer's market so the streets were packed with local vendors selling baked goods, homemade soap, and beaded bracelets. There was even a steel rim band!

We walked along Gore Creek to the gondola ride, which took us to the top of Vail Mountain. The views were fantastic and we ate lunch at the top. Even at 37 weeks, I was able to hike around a little bit and it felt great to be moving and active.

Sunday evening we headed to City Park Jazz with some friends. Even though it had been hot all day, the evening weather was perfect and cool AND I didn't get a single mosquito bite. (Oh, how I love Denver...)

I enjoyed celebrating with our Colorado family, but I felt the love from our Kansas family as well. Thanks for the phone calls, texts, and cards! =)

P.S. I hesitated to put up the pictures because I look huge, hot, and tired in all of them but decided that was just part of turning 29 this year. Here's hoping that I look more like myself at 30!

6 comments:

Towanda said...

You look beautiful, my friend. I'm so glad you had such a good day.

Muser Grace said...

What a great way to celebrate. Happy 29th!!! And you really do look beautiful. Seriously, my heart just fills with joy each time I see pregnant you. I LOVE that you were the first pregnant woman who looked utterly gorgeous to me despite all my own post-traumatic pregnancy issues. You are lovely inside and out. Here's praying for a full and rich and joyful 30th year, friend!

stillarockstar said...

HAPPY BELATED BiRTHDAY friend with a GREAT name! ;) Looks like you had a FUN time CELEBRATiNG. God BLESS your last few weeks...CAN'T WAiT to see the posted news!

Lauren said...

You DO look beautiful. I'm so glad you got out and celebrated your birthday in a special way. I only wish I could have been there to do a "Tiffany is 29 YES Dance!".

Rachel said...

Happy last year before the big 3-0! I am glad you were able to get out and about before baby boy comes! Enjoy these next couple of weeks! I think you look Great!

Emily and Matt said...

It sounds like you had a WONDERFUL birthday! You look like a gorgeous mama. :o) Colorado is so spectacular! I'm glad you and David were able to get away for a bit and experience all of that beauty.

Love,
Emily