It is Tuesday afternoon and we are in Jerusalem! We arrived safely in Tel Aviv on Monday afternoon and had no trouble getting through customs. We took the shuttle van to our "hotel" in Jerusalem--we are staying at Christ Church Guest House in the Christian Quarter.
The receptionist at the hotel was an American from Maryland so she took us on a private tour of the Church of the Holy Sepulchre yesterday evening. It was so beautiful and very cool to be there without many tourists. She took us to dinner and then we crashed pretty hard--it had been a long day+ of traveling!
Today we are roaming the streets of Jerusalem. We went to the Wailing Wall, Mary's tomb, the Garden of Gethsemane, and the Church of All Nations. This afternoon we plan to visit the Dome of the Rock and Via Dolorosa.
It is an absolute joy to be here! There is a lot of spiritual energy in the air and most of the time we don't talk to each other--we are too busy absorbing the sights, sounds, and smells of the streets!
Tomorrow we are headed to the Sea of Galilee--I will try to post pictures soon!
Much love--
T
2 comments:
Yay!!! Thank you for this unexpected update. You have been in my thoughts and prayers continually. I am so glad that you are safe and already enjoying yourself so much. I can't wait to hear your stories and see your pictures. LOVE YOU!
I just checked the blog on a whim before I went to bed and there was a new posting from the better-kind-of-crazy woman! I'm so glad for you to have this experience (and then, of course, come home and tell us all about it).
Love you forever!
Post a Comment