Friday, January 29, 2010

I'm certified!

Well, it only took 26 months (!) but I am finally a certified candidate for ordination in the United Methodist Church! It's taken me so long (too long!) to get to this point so I'm taking a few days to revel in it before I begin investigating what comes next BUT I *think* that next year I can apply for provisional status, be commissioned and receive an appointment. Depending on whether I go part-time or full-time, it will be 3-6 years before I am ordained but this was an important beginning step! I really appreciated all the thoughts and prayers. =)

5 comments:

Muser Grace said...

Congrats!!!! So happy.

And selfishly glad to know I'm not the only one on the slow-ordination path. :)

Love!

ivcolga said...

I'm so proud of you!
...and I LOVE YOU!

Lauren said...

Yay!!! I'm SO glad this finally fell into place for you. You have been very patient and steadfast. :)

Anonymous said...

Tiffany,
Congratulations!!! We know it has been along ordeal, but we knew you could do it.
Love,
Patty and Steve

stillarockstar said...

MUCHO CONGRATS Tiffany! Well-deserved & SO MANY people/future congregations will reap the BENEFiTS of your passion...

Good luck the rest of the way! :)